The teaching program is overseen by Bep Schippers, our Program Coordinator.
Working collaboratively with the Drop-In Leader, the assistant ensures the smooth flow of traffic and contributes to creating an overall positive customer experience.
The position involves:
• Arriving at least 30 minutes ahead of time for preparation.
• Greeting all customers when they arrive.
• Orientating them to the LCAC (washrooms, coat rack)
• Setting up each wheel with a water bucket and tools.
• Preparing a minimum of 40 balls of 1.5 lbs of clay for each session .
• Assisting customers with centering and any other technical issues.
• Helping with clean-up after each session.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Drop-in Leader
We have developed a formal Teaching Assistant Program to prepare those potters who have expressed an interest in teaching and want to work towards teaching their own classes in the future.